Saturday, January 21, 2012

Sunday Morning Chocolate Chip Pancakes


 There is nothing better than waking up on a Sunday morning to the smell of sweet pancakes on the griddle. I  am usually not the one waking up to the smell, but the person who is making the smell.  And what a sweet smell it is! Sometimes I can hardly wait to make all of the pancakes before I get to sit down to eat. For years I made pancakes for my family, but it was only three years ago that I found the PERFECT recipe, the right combination of several recipes! I knew I really had something when I made them at my mother's house last year. My mother is not a pancake fan.....but she is now! So here is the recipe that I think is the best when served with real maple syrup, ripe berries, and whipped cream.


Sunday Morning Pancakes

INGREDIENTs

2 eggs
  • 2 cups flour, sifted
  • 3 Tbs. sugar
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
  • 4 Tbs. butter, melted
  • Mini chocolate chips as needed per pancake

DIRECTIONS


  • 1
     In a bowl, whisk eggs until frothy. Add the buttermilk & the melted butter.
     Make sure that the butter is not too hot. Add the sugar, flour, baking soda, &
     baking powder. Whisk until the batter is smooth. Do not over mix.
  • 2
     Heat griddle to medium heat. Lightly grease the griddle. You can use spray or butter.
     Pour 1/3 cup batter into the pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips over batter. Cook 1-2
     minutes. Flip the pancake when you see tiny bubbles surface. Keep warm until all the
     pancakes are cooked.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If your Mom likes them they must be amazing!
Sending love from Sybil