Monday, October 31, 2011

Winter Squash and Pear Bisque


My how the time has been flying by! We are in the thick of Fall and I have not even posted something heart-warming and cozy to ponder on these chilly nights! As "All Hallows Eve" nipped at my heels this morning, I thought about what I could serve my family for dinner to start off the festivities. I just don't think Fall is really in full swing until you can have a creamy winter soup. Mine for tonight is a Winter Squash and Pear Bisque.  
It is so simple to make, and a sure thing to be gobbled down by all the goblins in your house! 


Winter Squash and Pear Bisque 


3 large ripe Bartlett pears, cored and chopped
2 frozen boxes, Cascadian Farms Winter Squash, thawed
1 onion, chopped
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/4 tsp ground sage
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 cup water or chicken broth
1/4 cup half & half


Saute onion in 1 Tbsp on olive oil until wilted. Add pears. Cook until the pears start to break down. Add the two boxes of squash, pepper, sage, salt and water. Cook with lid on for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Put Contents in a food processor in small batches to puree. Once it is all pureed, return to the pot. Add the half & half. Serve with artisan bread and a side salad! Perfect for a Fall evening! 

No comments: