Sunday, May 22, 2011

Tulips, Tulips, Tulips Galore!

This without a doubt is one of my favorite times of year. It is because it is the dawning of the mid to late spring tulip. Early spring tulips are alright, but do not have the power and beauty as those that come after. As this is my favorite time of year because of the beloved tulip, I have to say it is now a sad time for me because I no longer can plant tulips in my Las Vegas home.

At my old home I would plant 300 tulips every October, and then wait while they slept under their blanket of snow all winter. In the spring I would be as happy as could be to see my vision come to life. It was like painting a picture in the fall without seeing the result of the canvas until six months later.

I still have my pictures, memories, and dreams of my tulips and will think of them again this time next year!

No comments: