Monday, March 14, 2011

Easter Cookie Fun

It seems that Easter should be here soon. The fact is, however, that we have to wait an entire month! It does not seem quite right, especially living in Las Vegas where I know it will be 90+ degrees when we do an Easter egg hunt.

Thinking of Spring today reminded me of the cute cookies I made last year for our Easter celebration. I was told I could bring whatever dessert I would like to make for the family. I racked my brain over cake, trifle, or maybe a pudding. Then I remembered how fun it was to make my Christmas cookies. I was up for the challenge!

I used my Martha Stewart sugar cookie recipe (the only one to use in my opinion), and plain butter cream frosting. I used Wilton's Spring color gels for the coloring. It gives the right shade to your light pinks and blues.

On this bunny I used a Wilton tip made for making grass to produce a fluffy fur. The bow was a Wilton tip designed to make leaves. The cookies were not perfect, but a little sanding sugar and jimmies here and there made them look special. They were a big hit. Who says desserts have to be fancy at a big holiday?




1 comment:

Gotham Girls said...

Wow! These are beautiful cookies. You are very talented.
YUMM