Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Spring Has Sprung....I Think

Enough of Winter already! While the country is in a deep freeze, we in Las Vegas are just starting to thaw out. We reached a bone chilling 32 degrees here in the desert. One day I was visiting Washington D.C., and it was 38. I came home to Las Vegas, and it was the same temperature!! So, in hopes of warmer weather, I broke out my cupcake stuff and started to bake.

I have been saving these little wrappers I bought from Fancy Flours long long ago. They were so cute like little flowers. These exude Spring!

My 6 year old son has fallen in love with Maraschino cherries! Thinking of that made me remember a box cake from my childhood, "Cherry Chip". An old classic. It tastes just like maraschino cherries.

Lastly I decorated with buttercream icing. These light airy cupcakes did the thing! Spring came to Las Vegas. I think it was my cupcakes!

3 comments:

Put On The Day said...

You are not only a great baker but a talented photographer as well - love these pictures!!! And how did you get music playing on your blog? Impressive!

Troi Nelson said...

Like, like, like those Springy cupcakes, ala Tamsen! I'm about to work on Valentine cookies. Thanks for letting me know about fancyflours.com!

Tamsen Burk Reid said...

Wait until I post my Valentine Cupcakes!!