Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Paris Flower Market

It has been exactly a year since I had great fun going to Paris with my sister and niece. I feel a little nostalgic because this year my mother, sister and nephew are about to fly off to Paris for their own adventure. As it is my tenth anniversary this year, I am stealing away somewhere special with my sweetheart alone. With that being said, I thought it would be fitting to write about some of my favorite experiences from the "City of Lights" One special time was going to the flower market on the Ile de Cite just behind Notre Dame. The market is opened 6 days a week, and then on Sunday it turns into a bird market. How fun is that? The flower market is very easy to get to. The island has one metro station, "Cite", that comes up right in the midst of the flowers.
There are many different kinds of items to buy at the market. Whether it be fresh cut flowers, potted plants, lovely herbs, or a variety of garden objects, your heart will skip a beat just walking up and down the rows of vendors.
Although I could not buy a potted plant, I was able to get some beautiful fresh flowers and a vase to make my cute hotel from the 1400's look cozy and elegant. There were larger items that I would have loved to bring back, but alas they would not have fit in my luggage.
Just look at these precious busts and angels. There were mirrors, bells, marionettes and birdhouses. Seeds and bulbs, pots, clocks, and weather devices. Every inch was a treat indeed. I miss the Spring, and I miss my Paris.

No comments: