Friday, March 26, 2010

The Best Part of Easter

Some may argue that the best part of Easter is perhaps getting a new Spring outfit. Kids will say it is the Easter Bunny. Others who are more pious will let everyone know very silently that it is their worship. For me....it is the window displays! More specifically? Candy store window displays.

When I was growing up my father would take us to San Fransisco, CA for Spring shopping. We would stay on Union Square, the hub of shopping in the 1980's. More than shopping I would gander, drool, and dream over the window displays. One such gourmet store at the time was a new little store on Nob Hill called....Williams-Sonoma. Ever heard of it?

Last year I was able to go to Paris just before Easter. As I suspected, the candy store windows were decked out in chocolate bunnies, eggs, and baskets. One little window that caught my eye was a store near my hotel. What really made me laugh was this little egg cup that included a little "chapeau".

I even walked into the "confiserie" with my sister and niece wanting to buy something of Easter. But, while waiting I talked myself out of it. Why?!

Look at this little guy on a bike? He is just too cute to eat. I should have bought it for my boys! Should-a, would-a, could-a....didn't. Sigh.






No comments: