Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Finer Things....

This past Spring I fulfilled a long time dream, and I went to Paris. My sister and her daughter went with me. It was a life memory that is embedded in my mind. One thing I was longing to try were the macaroons. Yes, those little fluffy things to the above. Pastel colors; soft, chewy, melt in your mouth macaroons. I had read about them in the blog Paris Breakfasts. My first day in Paris we walked along a narrow street in the Marais district (4th), window shopping. I shopped right into Pain de Sucre. I was timid, and made my sister do the ordering, as she does speak fluent French. She nor my niece had ever heard of a French macaroon! We took our cute box home filled with our pastel little buttons, and sank our teeth into them. It was heaven! Now, as I am back in my own city of lights, Las Vegas, I think of those macaroons. I then remember the finer things in life.

No comments: