Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Epicurious Taste

Some of my favorite recipes have been found in the traditional Bon Appetite and Gourmet magazines. My mother had subscriptions to both while I was growing up. My favorite time to peruse the pages was during the holiday months. Sure enough, I still love that nostalgic time to flip the October, November, and December copies of each magazine.

In this modern day of our ever so fast Internet, we have access to Bon Appetite and Gourmet via the website Epicurious. They have a treasure trove of recipes, and you can find just about anything that you
could ever want. If you register with their site you may keep your own recipe box; adding your own recipes, as well, as adding recipes that you use from Epicurious. Just recently They have partnered with a wonderful company called Taste Book. By registering with Taste Book you can carry over your epicurious recipe box, and actually have those recipes printed out into a book that is bound with rings. You order the recipes by the page and add them in your own book as you go. If you want pictures in your taste book, you can just upload them from your own files.























This pie was made by a family member who introduced me to the Epicurious website years ago. We can always count on him to make wonderful pies at the holidays. This one from last year was so beautiful that I had to capture it on film. This was the "Bittersweet Chocolate Pecan Pie" from the November 2007 edition of Gourmet magazine. It was extremely wonderful, and was gone in minutes! BON APPETITE!!!







2 comments:

The Pierce Family said...

Hey Eliza! This is a GREAT idea. I will SO enjoy following your beautiful and inspiring blog. It reminds me to take pride in my work as a homemaker and try to make things special (instead of just "plopping some dough on a cookie sheet" as you put it!). This pie looks too good for words. I'm afraid I'm going to have to make this one this holiday season.

kits54 said...

Thanks so much. Pecan pie is our favorite and I have been looking for a recipe to try this one I've heard about.