Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Smell of Autum

Autum is just around the corner. Seeing the children getting new school supplies at the stores, and knowing that the summer vacations are just about over, makes me nostolgic of past Autums when the leaves turned golden and then into orange. The nights and mornings became crisp. Apples fell from in our yard from a neighbor's tree. Most of all, Autum reminds me that the last canning of the season is due. For me tomatoes and chili sauce rounds out my pantry. I think of making pies, picking pumpkins from the pumpkin patch, and looking forward to Thanksgiving, Christmas, and family memories.

1 comment:

Greg said...

Thank you for your sweet & sincere comments on our blog! We truly appreciate your reaching out to us. And what a great find - YOUR blog! We will definitely be checking in from time to time to see what's new in the "basket".